Frequently Asked Questions

This is an evolving list of frequently asked questions about KARRATco.

$KARRAT Token and Airdrop

Is the $KARRAT airdrop live?

The $KARRAT airdrop is not live yet.

What are the tokenomics of the KARRAT token?

$KARRAT was created with an initial supply of 1 Billion. The supply cannot be inflated. To learn more see here.

Governance

What is the KARRAT Foundation? What is its relationship to the KARRATco?

The KARRAT Foundation is a company that operates in service of — and is governed by — KARRATco. For details, see transparency report.

Governance Proposals

How are KIPs created and voted on?

KIPs are created by suggesting them on the KARRATco governance forum and discussing/debating them for 1 week. KIPs should be accompanied by a Snapshot poll, which can only be submitted by an address that can vote at least 100,000 $KARRAT tokens. If an KIP receives sufficient support, it moves on to a voting process, where holders of votable tokens (or the delegates that those holders have delegated their tokens’ voting power to) can formally vote on the proposal.

What are the requirements for submitting a proposal?

Proposals can be submitted by a Delegate who meets the proposal threshold of 100,000 votes; this requirement exists to mitigate spam.

Delegation

What are the requirements for being a delegate?

You just have to own $KARRAT and/or appeal to the community on why they should choose you to represent them when voting on proposals in governance.

How do I become a delegate?

A KARRATco delegate is anyone to whom a $KARRAT holder has delegated votes. So to become a delegate, you can either get a $KARRAT holder to delegate their votes to you, or, if you hold $KARRAT, you can delegate votes to yourself.

Can I delegate my voting power to more than one delegate?

Yes; voting power can be split between any number of delegates.